This one year course comprises of 3 units [the equivalent of one As Level in Year 12]. Much of the course is practical involving participation in adventurous activities. This qualification offers broad progression opportunities meeting individual needs, interests and aspirations. The specific nature of this qualification will also enable learners to gain a more in-depth knowledge of the outdoor education sector.
This qualification specifically aims to:
- Give learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment.
- Retain a work-related focus and covers some of the knowledge and practical skills required for the outdoor education sector.
- Offer an engaging programme for those who are clear about the vocational area they want to learn more about.
- Enable students to participate in exciting activities in the outdoors, learning and applying practical skills and techniques, further developing their leadership skills and qualities.
- Develop students’ knowledge of the underpinning principles and practices of the outdoor industry including all aspects of provision, function and good practice.
Enable students to plan, participate in and reflect on outdoor and adventurous expeditions.