Our Aims and Values
- We are a happy school with a strong ‘Tretherras’ family ethos. Newquay Tretherras is an ambitious and inspirational educational community, which believes in setting the highest standards and aspirations for absolutely everyone, from Year 7 through to the Sixth Form.
- We value every student equally and provide totally inclusive, challenging and rich learning experiences underpinned by outstanding care, guidance and support, enabling everyone to succeed in life regardless of their starting points. Our safeguarding of young people and our pastoral care is excellent. We have high expectations of students’ behaviour and their positive attitudes to learning and school life.
- We have a dynamic and inspirational curriculum, which aims to appeal to the interests and needs of all our students. We have a track record of high academic success in public examinations. We place emphasis on a traditionally broad and balanced curriculum and we have high expectations of academic success in core subjects, to develop students’ literacy, numeracy and scientific skills. We run NT Rising Stars, Excel and ABBA Programmes for our high ability students.
- We believe passionately in empowering all students to become successful life-long learners who are self-aware, creative and resourceful enough to meet the challenges, careers and opportunities of the 21st century. Our school is well-resourced with Sporting, Arts, Technology and Library facilities, new state of the art Science laboratories and we are looking forward to a new school building soon!
- We have an excellent Learning Support department with a highly trained team who give individual support for students with Special Educational Needs. Our on-site Integrated Health hub, ‘The Wave’ provides access to specialist support and community services for all staff and students.
- We are part of the Newquay Education Trust: an all age family of academies greater than the sum of its parts. We are also members of the Kernow Teaching School Alliance and our emphasis on professional development for staff through NT Learning ensures that our teachers are highly trained specialists in their subject fields.
- We enrich our curriculum through an extensive and unique out of hours provision which embraces volunteering, a wide range of Sports and Arts, and high quality Science, Technological, Engineering and Mathematical opportunities. We are a Duke of Edinburgh Award Licensed Centre and offer an adventurous NT Outdoor Learning programme. We have an Activities Week and a Year 7 Camp every summer. We are proud of our sporting and creative arts success and NT Sport and NT Creative Arts are real strengths of the school.
- We aim to nurture “educated people” with opportunities to grow emotionally and physically, as well socially and intellectually, spiritually and culturally within and beyond the classroom. Our Social Moral Spiritual and Cultural provision is outstanding! We offer independent Careers’ Advice and Guidance and enriching Work Experience and Internship programmes.
STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
Take a look at our British Values statement